As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..
Joshua 24:15

Friday, May 28, 2010

Meet Sandy!

First I wanted to post Naomi at 10 weeks.

Okay, now for Sandy. Last weekend, Hannah got off the bus and this baby squirrel crawled into her hands. The kids FINALLY got a pet. They fed her cheerios and cashews. What squirrel wouldn't like cashews? They played with Sandy for a couple of hours and then I told them, "Sandy's mom is probably looking for her, and it is time to let her go." Well, Sandy did not want to go. She followed us around. It was kind of creeping me out. So, I did a little research and found that the squirrel was orphaned. Mommy probably got hit by an SUV. The baby squirrel had yet to learn how to retrieve its food, so it turns to humans for help.
Derek comes home and said he would take care of her starvation problem with a simple shovel to its head. He's so sweet....He's like, "Michelle...it's a squirrel...are you kidding me?"
I got a hold of the wildlife rehab to come and pick up Sandy. By the way, this was all going on while I was trying to have a garage sale at the house. Sandy was scaring people at the garage sale. Luckily, someone from the garage sale wanted to take Sandy and rehab her back to nature. This gentlemen had said that he had done it before. Ahhhh...yes, I saved Sandy's life from Derek and I got rid of creepy stalker squirrel.










1 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Naomi?!?! Where have i been? Congratulations! And I LOVE LOVE that name!