As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..
Joshua 24:15

Friday, October 31, 2008

The kids showed me

We carved pumpkins last night. I asked the kids what they wanted to carve. I told them that I was going to do a Nittany Lion on a white pumpkin. I did not do Penn State any justice, so I changed the lion into a bat. The kids had something else in mind. Hannah decided she would carve the cross into her pumpkin.

Ben told me he wanted to make a Christian pumpkin. I said what does a Christian pumpkin look like? He said that it had hearts for its eyes, a cross for his nose, and the Christian fish for its mouth.


The kids showed me.






5 comments:

Liz said...

They are so awesome!! They are such good kids! I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving :)

Owings Family said...

How precious!

Amy Griffin said...

that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

My kids got something about a Pumpkin prayer at one of the trunk-or-treat things we went to. It described carving the pumpkin the same way that Ben did.

Much better than scary faces!! :o)

Millennium Housewife said...

Did your kids REALLY do those?! Seriously good pumpkin carving, you'd make a fortune doing them over here (only in October obviously). MH