As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Canada Trip

I was talking to my brother last night on the phone and he is getting ready to go on the annual fishing trip to Canada. It was something my dad and him did together since Marty was a little boy. (I got to go once for my senior trip) It has been 3 1/2 years since my dad passed away and my brother had a difficult time and didn't go for the first couple of years. It is funny how time heals wounds. We all heal on our own time and in our own way. I have bad days once in awhile and last night was one of them. I miss him.

3 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

I know loosing a parent is SO much different than a grandparent but I still think about my grandmother alot and it was 10 years ago this month. Time does "heal" but I think it would be strange if you didn't always miss him.

Danna Ramsey said...

I had no idea you went through that. God bless you. And, hey, may I add you to my blog roll?

Owings Family said...

My heart hurts for you...