As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Princesses and Pirates




Kids enjoying the carnival rides last night!






Ben dressed up for his party!






Hannah with her friend Emily at Field Day!











Eve just being Eve!!
We had a super busy day yesterday, but I just wanted to write down a funny story that proves I am still a blonde! After I spent the morning with Hannah up at school participating in Field Day, I came home and packed a lunch for Ben and Eve for the park. On the way to the park, I decided to get the car washed. We pulled in to the automatic car wash and as the sprayers with soap started; the hood began to smoke. I quickly pulled out of the automatic car wash while it was still going; popped the hood and realized it was just steam from the water hitting the hot exterior of the car. I tried to pull around and finish the car wash but it was already done. I then had to pull out on the highway with suds all over the minivan. I was laughing hysterically and relieved that the kids were not teenagers because they never would of talked to me again. I pulled into our driveway and Derek rolled his eyes the same way he does every Monday when I back into the trash cans like a bat out of you know what!!
The rest of the day consisted of a pirate party for Ben, out to dinner with the family, and a carnival that night.


4 comments:

Owings Family said...

HA!!!! That's great! I hope Ben's facial hair is not permanent marker!!

Amy Griffin said...

That is so funny! I love the pictures too!

Danna Ramsey said...

It's not the trash cans I always hit, it's the mailbox. Oh, and I did have a great love for the skirtini until I saw pictures of myself in it. It may have shaved off a few pounds, but it aged me 20 years. :)

Amy Griffin said...

Also, how is the fitness thing going?? It hit 90 degrees this week and I can't manage much.