As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Camp Garrett

Derek and I came up with this idea that we were going to run Camp Garrett in our backyard. (we are always trying to come up with ideas for "friendship evangelism") We invited the neighbors and all their children to camp out in tents in our backyard. We did activities with the kids and the adults found some time to pitch horse shoes. It was really hot and humid which made it difficult to sit by the fire at night, but all in all it was a great night. Hannah came in at 11:30 pm and Ben was sitting in a chair by the fire pit when I got up this morning. Derek must of been snoring or something. Only one other trooper made it all night (Ashley a now 6th grader from across the street). I think we will try it again when its a little cooler.

Water balloon fight!

Dizzy bat relay!


"You can't ride in my little red wagon!!!!"



My Wednesday night class. I'm teaching on the Parables of Jesus!







1 comments:

Owings Family said...

What an excellent idea!!! I'm sure the kids had a blast and what a great way to fellowship with neighbors!